Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just an excuse to have cake


I did not have time to come up with a cake for hubby on his birthday. We were in Jakarta on his birthday, and we went to Kidzania with the children on that day. We had dinner to celebrate Y and my mother's birthday together, but we did not have cake. With the holiday season in Jakarta, my parents have got two cakes that they have not finished eating yet. One cake was from Dapur Cokelat and the other cake was from Harvest. Both were chocolate cakes, but not up to my standard. Both were disappointingly dry. Or I am biased, because I am just not a fan of chocolate mousse cake.

Since Y went back to Singapore a few days earlier, I asked him to buy a cake from Awfully Chocolate. Maybe it's a post birthday cake, or just another excuse to have cake. I am not sure. Y always wanted to try the banana chocolate, although I love AC's chocolate rum & cherry better. I was thinking, I should try out something that I've never tried before and figured that chocolate banana should be a good choice.

So, here's the cake:

I usually love Awfully Chocolate's chocolate cake, but this one, is definitely not my thing. Or I just hate the combination of banana and chocolate. Y's uncle and aunt also commented the same thing about this cake. There is nothing fancy about this cake.
But then again, Y loves his banana, tracing down from his Darwinian origin. And he loves his chocolate.

I asked Y if we are going to buy the cake again. He said, "No! Your cake is much better than AC!" I am so happy with his compliment.
So, I have this entry, although I don't bake this cake, and I am still disappointed with this cake! But I figure, Y's compliment is worth to be blogged!

So, everyone, if you want to buy Awfully Chocolate, don't buy Chocolate Banana. If you want to have better cake, you can even contact me for some pointers on how to make a mean chocolate cake, okay! Even better, when I have nothing to do, I can even bake chocolate cake for you! 



1 comment:

LIA Kelapa Gading said...

Agree! Cakes from H aren't yummy. They're dry!! It seems that they don't use eggs and butter!!!!