Sunday, October 12, 2008

And there's a dark cloud ahead..

One minute I read that we are doing well, suddenly the next minute I read about the looming recession. And that happens within weeks.

It did not happen overnight of course. All the analysts have predicted this 10 years cycle. Somehow, we just refuse to admit that it's happening.
When it happened 10 years ago, it did not affect me much. I was still enjoying university life, happily unattached, with no family responsibility. I still carried on with life as usual.
But this time, it's different! Now I really understand how this financial turmoil affects our life or others. And never a day passes without me thinking about "what if". It's my two children that I worry about.
I know that our company have laid off contract workers in the factory due to decreasing demand of the products. It just saddens me to learn that in the city where the factory is, most of the people are actually dependant on the factory to make a living. What will happen to the family, when one day, the parents come home telling the family that they no longer have a job.
And so, there's this big dark cloud ahead! We'll need to go through it before we can see better days. I am so blessed that I don't have to go through this alone, I have Y with me.
I only know one thing:
This too shall pass...
This too shall pass..

1 comment:

Daffodil said...

It will soon pass, Cin....