Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happiness found: Cheesecake Brownies



For a short period in my life, I was part of the (then) yuppies in the city area in Jakarta. I wore suits to work, I put on make up, I went to malls for lunch. The guys also put in the suits and ties. Fridays were filled with creambath sessions or foot reflexology, and also my newfound happiness.
It was in a cafe in Bursa Efek Jakarta (Jakarta Exchange Building), I found this very addictive slice. I found cheesecake brownies. I was so madly in love with it! And so did my family. There's never a weekend passed without this heavenly cake in our family. High in sugar, high in fat, high in calories. Sinful as it was, it gave us such a worldly happiness in a bite.
So, what's this thing really? It's just simple brownies topped with cheesecake. And it's so me and Yohan. I am a cheesecake person, and Yohan, a chocolate lover!
Been searching high and low for a recipe that comes close to what I had in the BEJ Cafe (can't remember the name, but sometime ago, I made an effort to go to BEJ just to buy the cake). 
And guess what, only last week I bought a new recipe book just because I wanted to come up with the evil twin of the cheesecake brownies of my past.

So, after so many failed attempts at brownies, I braced myself for this one earlier today.
I took the recipe from here. With some modifications to the original recipe.
The result was better than I expected. The cake was so lovely. The brownies was fudgy and chocolatey, while the cheesecake was so soft and cheesecakey. Pardon my poor choice of words, I am an analyst, not a food critic nor a recipe writer.

Isn't it great if we can find our happiness in a slice of brownies?



No comments: