Monday, November 18, 2013

Brownie Points


Crusty Top



Sinful




So, the story went like this, the kids' catechism class ended the year with party, and parents were welcomed to contribute some food. I decided to do brownies,

So I did two different brownies recipes. The first one, for little N's class, was the one from Alice Medrich. You google it, and you will find it. I even doubled the recipe as there were 23 kids in her class. When the cake was baked, I was disappointed with the lack of the crusty top. I did not know what went wrong in the process.

The second one, for Big N's class, was the one that I always did for the kids. The recipe was taken from detikfood. Halfway in the oven, I could see that the top was already crinkled with the paper think crust. It really made my day.


To sum it up, I had the simple chart where I listed down the points that I took on the brownies. Considering that I am about to catch the bus and meet my husband, I have to end my writing here.
But, it was a sweet adventure of baking after months of hiatus.

Alice Medrich Detikfood
Top does not crust paper thin crust
Texture fudgy cakey
Leavening Agent No Yes
Taste Chocolatey Chocolatey

No comments: