Friday, October 26, 2012

How Far Would You Go For Good Food?


There is this small eatery close to where I stay. It is popular for its white beehoon. The beehoon is cooked in a tasty seafood broth, cooked together with seafood and veggies.


On our visit today, we waited for exactly 47 minutes until we managed to get seats, and the timing excluded the food waiting time. The queue also applies for food take away.

It prompted me to ask the question, how far would you go for food? Good food? There are some popular eateries nearby with lesser queue. But people did not budge. They still waited patiently in line.

There was one time, Y and I went to the popular chicken rice stall. It's a highly acclaimed one, rated highly by Anthony Bourdain. The queue was inescapably long. The chicken rice was good. But, to each of her own, I don't think it was that fantastic to warrant such high acclaim or long queue (if the queue is considered as the good food factor).

The funny thing about this, it was my girl who requested for the beehoon. And we did warn her about the long queue. It did not deter her, though. She said, "We'll just come earlier and waited a little bit!" I wonder if she is one foodie in the making, willing to sacrifice her time and money for good food when she is older?

How far would you go for good food?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm.. Not very far. I should carry a warning on me: Ferocious when hungry. (((: Maya