Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Project Failure: The Cheesy Cheese Cake




Hello and happy belated valentine day.

I have not been the most diligent when it comes to updating this blog. I still do bake regularly. But most of the time, I just baked the same old thing for my family. Maybe one of these days, I can find time to blog what I bake regularly.

On this year's val's day, I had actually intended to bake a special CCC (Cheesy Cheese Cake), something that a dear friend of mine had shared with me for quite sometime. It has remained in my to do list for quite sometime, as after Christmas/New Year/Chinese New Year, everything else becomes an anti climax. Too much cakes to try on, too little time. So again, VD is a good excuse to bake something different.

The above mentioned friend has advised me that I should not use just ordinary sponge cake. I should use the good quality ones (meaning, a lot of egg yolks) such as my favorite Lapis Surabaya. I decided to come up with something else, a sponge cake, with lesser eggs, but still more eggs than what I usually use for my baking. As much as I love Lapis Surabaya, I just can't get myself to slowly kill myself by clogging my arteries with the cholesterol and fat from this cake.

If I thought that I have mastered the skill of baking sponge cake, I was deep wrong! The sponge cake was a total failure. Something went wrong with the mixing process, which I could not figure out. The batter ran terribly runny, and it just failed to rise in the oven. So my cake ended up in the trash bin. When my husband came back from gym, all he saw was my sulking face and he knew something went wrong with my cake. There went my Valentine Cake Project. Say goodbye to The Cheesy Cheese Cake. 

All's not lost, at least my spirit. I gathered up my courage to continue the same project earlier today. The sponge cake was okay, and the cream...the famous cheesy cheese was incredibly light and delicious! My little girl finished almost more than half the slice of the cake, which was a record for her. Y loved it too.  

So, the famous CCC will sure stay in my list of special cakes! Something that I will bake over and over again! Thank you, Fifang, for sharing this special recipe with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks