Sunday, November 4, 2007

Reminiscing - 6 years





You were born together, and together you shall be for evermore....but let there be spaces in your togetherness. And let the winds of the heavens dance between you. - Kahlil Gibran



4th Nov 2001

I remember the heat. I remember the guests. I remember how beautiful my mother looked on that day. I remember my father's tears when we gave him the slice of our wedding cake. I remember my husband and I giggling over the withered rose pinned to his jacket. I remember someone mentioned that my uncle cried when my father gave me away. I remember the priest quoting John Gray's book during his sermon, and I said to myself, "you expect me to read Men are from Mars, Women Are from Venus?...Don't you know Yohan and I were John Gray's muse?". I remember I had fried rice for my breakfast on that day. I remember my lipstick colour on that day. I remember I was crying when I read out my wedding vow.

I still remember that day as if it were only yesterday.

4 Nov 2007

Yet, today, we celebrate our 6th years together. Six years of happiness, laughter, anger, tears! Six long years, but they feel so short.
We know each other well, but not well enough to always understand each other. We love each other so much, but not so much as to avoid the silly little arguments. We spend our time together but sometimes we just did not put our heart together.
But...
Despite the differences, we are still together.
Despite the silly little arguments, we still love each other.
And if we compare ourselves with celebrities, yes, our anniversary calls for a celebration!

Happy 6th Anniversary to us!

And, in the above picture, that's us, 6 years ago..when we've only just begun!

And my 6th wedding anniversary gift: PINK KitchenAid!

1 comment:

Di said...

Happy 6th Anniversary to you!!!!